Sunday 24 June 2012

The Gift!

Two weeks ago we had a pretty big storm come through.  We lots power for about 18 hours and with the threat of another one two days later our local school closed for two days.  We also had a two birthdays in the space of 3 days that week.  These things combined with the fact that it is almost the end of the school term and that it is getting close to time to hand three of our foster kids over to their grandmother have worked together to send our kids NUTS....and I mean NUTS.  And they've stayed that way.


If you've ever struggled with your children going a little crazy then just picture NINE of them going crazy for TWO WEEKS STRAIGHT!  Suffice it to say we are KNACKERED.  Both physically and emotionally drained.

But as big as our problems seem there is always someone in a worse situation than us.  I have a friend who has just had one of her parents diagnosed with cancer.  Those of you who know me will know that I have been there and done that and I don't ever ever EVER want to go through anything like that again. I'll take my 9 crazy kids any day.

But when I was chatting to her last night she mentioned that she has made me a gift...even with all that she is going through herself she took time out of her day to do something nice for me.

I was speechless...in fact a little teary even

and all I can say is THANKYOU :)

No comments:

Post a Comment